Saturday, April 4, 2009

Eight Weeks Post-Treatment

Completed Week 8 post treatment

Visited the clinic this week and received the results of my ultra sound I had the week before. Everything checked out and I was so relieved. I expected my liver or some other organ in there to be swollen, inflamed or diseased. It has been somewhat resolved and my treating doctor (who I met for the first time this week) indicated that it is stomach acid. Also, my right side pain is from a pulled muscle as in my weakened state I probably pushed myself a little too hard. He indicated that reaching up to get something out of the cupboard would cause this agony for someone like me who was inactive for so long. I accept that. However, I did have it to a lesser degree for two years so I must have had a low grade inflammation there.

Two days of a dissolving stomach pill and things are better.

I had my eight week post treatment blood tests done while I was there. PCR to be done end of July 2009.

I just want to feel like my old self and I am impatient. However, all those sides that were such huge issues during treatment have slowly subsided except for the fatigue. I have more energy and I want to keep going, but I get hauled back to my weakened state continually.

Minor stuff and as I said, I am so glad that the ultra sound came back OK. Phew! I dodged that bullet.

I think I saw a hair, yesterday. LOL

One thing I’m even more thankful for these last few days is that my younger boy walked away from a serious vehicle accident unhurt. It happened last Saturday morning. A van caused the accident and fled the scene to leave my son and his friend to struggle out of the crumpled vehicle. It was pretty serious and both boys were taken by ambulance and checked out at the hospital. They were both OK (tumbled and turned), extremely lucky, but my young fella’s car was written off. I hardly care, they are still both unscathed and healthy young boys.

Interestingly, the jerk that caused the accident and fled the scene has been caught on video camera that is a part of the security system of a business located in the area. The tape has been turned over to the police.

1 comment: