Sunday, April 26, 2009

Week 11 Post Treatment

Completed Week 11 post treatment

This morning I am sitting here absolutely exhausted. I had a huge day trip yesterday shopping a viewing a show in the big city. I didn’t get home until 1:00 a.m. and didn’t go to sleep immediately. I was going to try to do it without a sleeping pill, but I decided not to try as I didn’t want to put myself into major exhaustion today.

I want my strength back and even though it’s coming back, my joints are screaming in pain. I’ll have to break out the Tylenol this morning.

The changes in me have been subtle since returning from the “dark side”. My skin has improved even more since the last time I mentioned it here. I still have the speckled scars of the aftermath of the rash.

My hair is starting to return. Little sprigs and sprites popping up here and there and I have figured out how to fluff it so I look like my old self.

I probably look OK in appearance, but the inside is struggling to feel normal. Stomach problems are not gone, but improving. Eyelids are still giving me itching flare ups. Joints and muscles are giving me grievous agony.

I exhaust easily.

I want to do more, but cannot push it.

However, at the end of all this moaning life is much better for me these days.

3 comments:

  1. How much more time will you be able to take off work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am scheduled back to work the end of June.

    I am uneasy as my brain is starting to clear but unsure if I will be able to do my job as I have been away so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose
    Try not to look to far ahead, each day will see a little improvement and June is a long way away yet! Can you start back part time? Your confidence will get better as you find you are more easily able to do things. You are doing so well. Love Lynne x

    ReplyDelete