Sunday, July 5, 2009

Completed Week 21 post treatment

I really believe that my energy is returning. I’m not so licked at the end of most days. The skin problems that were very evident during and following tx are all but a memory. It took a long time for my eyelids to stop flaring up with an itchy red looking rash. It was weird. My lids looked as if they were scalded. It flared up for the longest time following tx.

My hair is starting to thicken and I have many spiky hairs sticking up on the top of my head. It is a relief to see some volume to my hair. Debating on colouring it.

I am back to my “fighting weight” and look much healthier than I did at the end of tx.

Mentally, I’m doing very well. I have reduced my anti-d a tad and I intend to start taking it every other night starting next week. I have a forward attitude and my brain fog is lifting. I do have some moments, but I get through it.

The joint pain is an issue with me these days and I did get to my MD to get my blood work done. I’m waiting on the results and in the meantime I have started taking vitamins that I could be possibly lacking. I am happy to report that they seem to be helping.

It’s slow going to recovery and I’m starting to get near to the date when I can have my long awaited six month post treatment PCR. I intend to go the last week of July.

1 comment: